Purpose of This Blog!

This blog is for anyone who enjoys being creative and learning new things. If you have learned how to make/create something or you have a great idea that makes your life a little easier please share your ideas here!!! Pictures are always helpful and be as descriptive as you can in your step my step instructions or give us a link to where you found your instructions.

The possibilities are endless and can be anything from a sewing/craft project, a way you have arranged a shelf in your home, a cute new hairstyle you've tried or maybe some organizational tips ... really there is no limit! So have fun and get creative!!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

52 Reasons Why I Love You Card Book! ! ~Mindee

I used this fun idea from Tip Junkie to make for my husband on our anniversary, but this would work great for Valentines Day to!

Materials:
Deck of Playing Cards
glue stick
metal ring or ribbon
hole punch
sheets you've created.

Instructions:
I found it most helpful to go on my Microsoft program and create a table: four columns by 5 rows (I copied and pasted this for 3 pages). That way I had nice little squares to type my sayings and insert my clip art. I found most of my clip art on my Microsoft program, for the other images I just looked it up on the Web, "example: skittles image (in the search box)" and then right clicked to copy image and then went back to my page and pasted it. I used fun fonts I already had that you can download for free at scrapvilliage.com. After I had my pages done I printed, then cut them out. Then I pasted them using a glue stick on each card. I decided to use the backs of the playing cards so it wouldn't look so cluttered. Then punch a hole in the top left corner and insert either some ribbon or a metal ring and your done!!! (you could also punch a hole in the bottom corner to make more of a book)


P.S. If any of you have any cute anniversary/valentines ideas please post them or share in the comment box! I am always in need of new and fun ideas!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your version of this project - I am sure it is a treasured gift! The illuistrations on the cards look fantastic!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to email you this - but I can;t find a contact address!

    I have created a website specifically for my “52 Reasons I Love You” project including a gallery where I would like people to link up similar projects they have created.
    If you are unfamiliar with the “Linky” phenomenon – it basically means there will be one picture of your project in the gallery – and when someone clicks on it – they will be taken to the blog post on YOUR blog. You should get some good traffic over time as well as some new followers!
    I would love for you to check out the gallery here and link up – OR I am happy to link your project up for you– with your permission. If you would like me to do this – please reply with the url you would like me to use.
    Kind regards, Lowri McNabb
    www.papervinenz.com
    www.52reasonsiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete